SERVICING ALL OF CANBERRA, QUEANBEYAN, JERRABOMBERRA & SURROUNDS
"We turn up on time, clean up when we’re finished, and always provide quality workmanship... We guarantee it!"
Emergency Plumbing and Same-Day Service in Canberra
Lifetime Guarantee on all Workmanship
Canberra's No. 1 Best Reviewed Plumbing Company
If you have an older gas ducted heating system, you may be considering an upgrade to a reverse cycle system – and for good reason.
With so many benefits to enjoy, both financially and environmentally, we’ve become the go-to plumbers in Canberra for gas heat to reverse cycle change overs.
We take care of the entire process, including:
- Installing the new energy efficient reverse cycle system
- Safely removing the old gas ducting and heater
- Managing all electrical work involved
Upgrading from gas to reverse cycle allows you to have one system for both heating and cooling. It’s a change that many homeowners are making for increased comfort, cost savings, and environmental benefits.
So what’s all the fuss about? Let’s take a look.
What is Reverse Cycle Heating and Cooling?
Reverse cycle is an innovative heating and cooling system that provides year-round climate control using a single appliance.
It transfers heat between indoor and outdoor environments using a refrigeration cycle and a heat pump.
In winter, the system extracts heat from the external air and pumps it indoors to warm your home.
It reverses the process during summer, extracting heat from inside your home and releasing it outdoors to cool your rooms.
Reverse cycle systems represent the future of climate control, with advanced heat pump technology, that provides the ideal balance of comfort, efficiency, and convenience.
What are the Benefits of a Gas Heating to Reverse Cycle Change Over?
If you’re weighing up this solution, you’ll be pleased to know there are many benefits of switching from gas heating to reverse cycle heating and cooling, such as:
- Lower energy bills: Reverse cycle systems are more efficient than gas heaters, as they use less energy to produce the same amount of heating or cooling.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions: Reverse cycle systems use electricity, making them far more environmentally friendly. This means that by using reverse cycle systems, you also reduce your carbon footprint.
- More comfort and convenience: Reverse cycle systems provide heating and cooling in one unit, so you don’t need separate appliances for different seasons. You can also control the temperature and airflow of each room with a remote or a thermostat.
- Improved air quality: Reverse cycle systems have filters that remove dust, pollen, and other allergens from the air, making it cleaner and healthier for you and your family.
Choose Us for Your Gas Heating to Reverse Cycle Change Over
Woden Valley Plumbing & Gasfitting is a local, family-owned business that has been servicing the region for over 15 years.
Our team of qualified and accredited technicians can handle any plumbing or drainage problem.
When you choose us for your gas heating to reverse cycle changeover, you can expect:
- An accurate quote and consultation
- A fast and reliable service
- A high-quality installation
- A guarantee on all our work
- A friendly and professional team.
Bring your home up-to-date and improve your comfort with a reverse cycle upgrade. Get in touch today to discuss modernising your heating and cooling.
FAQs about Gas Heating to Reverse Cycle Change Over
Here are some common questions that people ask about gas heating in reverse cycle change overs:
Can You Change Ducted Heating to Reverse Cycle?
Yes, you can change ducted heating to reverse cycle. If you already have ducts installed in your home, you can use them for reverse cycle heating and cooling as well. You will need to replace the gas heater with a reverse cycle unit and make sure that the ducts are compatible and well-insulated. This is something our team can do for you.
What Can I Replace My Gas Ducted Heating With?
You can replace your gas ducted heating with a reverse cycle ducted system or a split system. A reverse cycle ducted system will use the existing ducts to distribute air throughout your home. A split system will have separate indoor and outdoor units that are connected by pipes. The indoor units can be wall-mounted or floor-standing.
How Easy Is It to Change from Gas Central Heating to Electric?
It is relatively easy to change from gas central heating to electric, especially if you already have an electrical connection in your home. You will need to disconnect the gas supply and remove the gas heater, but note this is only legally allowed to be handled by a licensed professional.
Is It Cheaper to Run Reverse Cycle or Gas Heater?
It is cheaper to run reverse cycle than gas heater, as reverse cycle systems are more efficient and use less energy.
Contact Us Today for Gas Heating to Reverse Cycle Change Over
If you are ready to upgrade your gas heating system to a reverse cycle system, contact us today at Woden Valley Plumbing & Gasfitting.
We will provide you with a competitive quote and comprehensive consultation, helping you to choose the best system for your home and budget.